This reading group guide for Angels Walking includes suggested questions that are intended to help your reading group find new and interesting angles and topics for your discussion. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book.
1. Read Hebrews 13:1–5 in the Bible. These verses list several things people ought to do in order to please God. In your own words, make a list of these bits of wisdom. Which of them hits you the most?
2. In the middle of these rules to live by is the one in Hebrews 13:2. Have you ever seen this verse? What does it mean to you?
3. What are your thoughts on the angelic meeting at the beginning of the book? Have you ever considered the idea that certain angels are chosen to interact with people and to accomplish various missions? Share and discuss your feelings.
4. Angels Walking
gives us a way to see how angels might be working among us. Tell of a time when you or someone you know experienced what might have been an angelic encounter.
5. Did reading Angels Walking
help open your eyes to the way God is working in your life? Explain.
6. Often the greatest enemy we face is our own discouragement and negative talk. How did discouragement threaten to destroy Tyler Ames? How have defeatist thoughts harmed you now or in the past?
7. Tyler was on a quest for perfection from the time he boarded the bus fo