Japanese bonsai have long been admired throughout the world while their care and preservation have seemed shrouded in mystery. The Art of Bonsai
is, however, a comparatively simple art to learn. Anyone with a love a plants, a little patience and this eminently practical book can create bonsai and keep a finished plant healthy and vigorous for generations.
Included in this definitive volume:
- Detailed, illustrated instructions on propagation and training
- Hints for those growing bonsai in a hurry and apartment dwellers
- Daily and seasonal bonsai care practices
- Dealing with pests and bonsai troubleshooting
- How to judge, select and exhibit bonsai
- Detailed appendices on tools, equipment, soil analyses
- Data on more than 300 species of plants used in making bonsai
First published in 1957, The Art of Bonsai
is the classic guide to bonsai care, containing the essentials of an art that is one of Japan's most treasured traditions—sculpting beauty in living wood.