From geeks in short pants to multiplatinum artists, Barenaked Ladies are nothing less than a phenomenon. Now, for the first time in the United States, we can read their astonishing story.
Steven, Ed, Jim, Tyler, and Kevin have two Grammy nominations under their belts, they've appeared on The Tonight Show
and Saturday Night Live,
and their music is featured in commercials. They've even preempted the Olympics and rocked the vote on The West Wing.
Their quirky, bizarre lyrics and unforgettable live performances have secured a rabidly loyal fan base across North America. They are Barenaked Ladies.
Want to know more about this Canadian quintet? It's all here, from the births of five Barenaked babies to the triumph of band member Kevin over leukemia.
- All the stories, from goo-goo to glory
- Photographs of the band, never before seen in the United States, including family photos, baby pictures, and shots from the early days of BNL
- A list of BNL's favorite road games and instructions so you, too, can play
- A detailed list of every musical project the Ladies have recorded or been involved with
- More information on band camp and what gifted Canadian kids do for fun than you ever thought you wanted
Given exclusive access to the band, author Paul Myers gets inside the heads of five guys who drew on their eclectic backgrounds to generate a groundbreaking musical style.
Fun, frank, and sometimes frivolous, this is the naked truth behind Barenaked Ladies.