This is a complete Japanese textbook and language learning package for beginning learners.
Start speaking, reading and writing Japanese today with the most exciting new introduction to the Japanese language! Beginning Japanese
follows the story of Kiara, an American exchange student who lives in Japan and loves to study Japanese. With the help of her Japanese friends and the time-traveling Tomo Tanuki
(raccoon dog), Kiara learns to speak, read, and write Japanese while she visits famous people and places in Japanese history.
Illustrated with manga-style comics—:a fun way to learn Japanese and written by experienced high-school Japanese teachers, this Japanese textbook will show you how to pronounce Japanese; read and write hiragana, katakana, and 125 basic kanji; and understand conversational Japanese.Key features of this program:
The CD–ROM includes:
- An engaging storyline—including a time–travel adventure—unfolds as learners advance, adding motivation to master the language.
- Authentic written, visual, and oral materials embedded naturally throughout.
- Kanji is taught beginning with Chapter 1—and together with current vocabulary rather than separately. (At the end of Vol. 1 you'll know 148 kanji).
- Technology is used extensively for authentic tasks.
- A dedicated website provides additional content and updates.
- Content is aligned with the ACTFL National Standards.
The Beginning Japanese Website includes:
- Native Japanese language speakers.
- Pronunciation guides.
- Accompanying dialogues.
- New word lists.
- Fun songs.
- Listening activities and tests.
- Extensive printable exercises.
- Online games and activities.
- Additional information and updates.
- Downloadable Hiragana Practice Book, Katakana Practice Book, kana practice sheets.
- Downloadable kanji and kana flash cards.
is the first volume in a 3-level series. Deepen your learning with the Beginning Japanese Workbook
, a volume of drills and exercises that reinforce the lessons in the textbook. If you already speak basic Japanese, continue your learning with the second level, Intermediate Japanese
. Whether you're learning Japanese for fun, preparing for a Japanese proficiency exam, or want to achieve AP- or IB-level competency, Beginning Japanese
is your key to becoming a confident Japanese-speaker.