This reading group guide for BLIND FALL includes discussion questions, ideas for enhancing your book club, and a Q&A with author Christopher Rice. The suggested questions are intended to help your reading group find new and interesting angles and topics for your discussion. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book. For Discussion
1. When John visits Mike Bowers in the air force hospital, why does Mike offer to get John a gift in Germany? Why won’t Mike give John the opportunity to say what he went there with the intention of saying?
2. Mike is depicted through John and Alex’s stories and impressions of him. What about Mike’s character and personality do you learn from their portrayals? What is the significance of each separate instance when Mike gives John and Alex the thumbs up?
3. Why does John take it upon himself to look after Li’l D? Do you think that the author made a choice not to reintroduce Li’l D after his brief appearance toward the beginning of the book?
4. Discuss the novel’s narrative style and plotting. When did you begin to suspect who the real murderer was? When did you begin to understand all of the circumstances that surrounded the murder?
5. When Duncan and Alex are in John’s trailer, why does Alex attack John when they begin to suspect the truth as op