Reading Group Guide
- Look at the dimensions in Figure 1-3. For exert dimension, position your organization on a seven-point scale between classic brand management and the brand leadership paradigm.
- Evaluate the brand identity for Virgin Airlines. How would you change it? Develop alternative brand essence statements.
- Focus on a brand with a sell-defined identity such as Virgin. Elaborate on the identity using each of the elaboration approaches.
- Pick two diverse firms-one that is close to a branded house and another that is close to a house of brands. Look closely at their branded offerings and identity the subcategories in the brand relationship spectrum that are respected.
- Identity a firm with a serious brand architecture problem. Describe the problem and suggest options.
- Evaluate the brand-building approaches presented in this chapter. Which do you admire the most? What was the key to getting that approach implemented? What other firms are using smaller techniques?
- Take a core identity element from a brand discussed in the book or another brand and identity sponsorship properties that will have similar associations.
- What web sites have strong symbols? What do those symbols tell you about the brand? Why aren't there more symbols on web brands?
- Pick a brand and determine its sweet spot and identify some great ideas that would exploit that sweet spot.
- Address the questions at the end of the McDonalds vignette. How does your firm address the four challenges described in the chapter?