Breastfeeding with Confidence is a practical guide to breastfeeding designed to take the mystery out of the process and provide new mothers with the practical skills and insights they need to be successful. Author Sue Cox explains both the art and the method of breastfeeding, and addresses the fact that making milk comes naturally, but breastfeeding is a learned skill. When many mothers-to-be are asked if they'll breastfeed, they often answer, "I will if I can." Cox counters that answer proactively and positively with information, advice, support, resources and encouragement for new mothers.
Breastfeeding with Confidence provides:
- Accessible information in an easy-to-read and easy-to-understand format
- Answers to any questions mothers could have about breastfeeding
- Illustrations to help mothers with how to position their baby
- Symbols that label key information (the key symbol highlights pointers to becoming a skillful and loving mother, the male symbol indicates items that may particularly interest the father, the apple symbol denotes healthy actions, and the cross symbol is for emergency aid.)
- Work pages for mothers to take notes and track progress
- Helpful "things to do" suggestions as a proactive approach to solving problems
- Stories and comments from breastfeeding mothers, with lots of reassuring advice and information.
iParenting Media Awards 2007 Excellent Product Winner: Parenting
USABookNews.com 2006 Finalist: Parenting/Family: Pregnancy & Childbirth