- Simon & Schuster Audio |
- ISBN 9781442369207 |
- May 2014
Reading Group Guide
Topics & Questions for Discussion
1. In what ways do Alyssa and Kira discover that they are more alike than they believed they were?
2. How are Rand and Peter contrasted throughout the novel? What are their different approaches to running the bed-and- breakfast?
3. For Dawn, following her heart rather than her head leads her into a disastrous outcome. Have you ever found yourself in a difficult situation because you were blinded by love?
4. Alyssa recalls a friend who went from weighing 350 pounds to running several marathons a year: “She hadn’t changed her habits; her habits had changed her.” What’s the meaning behind this distinction? What are some of the new habits that these characters develop because they are running the B-and-B?
5. Even though Kira, Dawn, and Alyssa are all grown women, how are their childhood experiences—particularly, the degree to which they felt safe and cared for—impacting them throughout the novel? Particularly for Kira and Alyssa, how are these experiences shaping how they think about b see more