In ChiRunning, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, provide powerful insight that transforms running from a high-injury sport to a body-friendly, injury-free fitness phenomenon. ChiRunning employs the deep power reserves in the core muscles, an approach found in disciplines such as yoga, Pilates, and T’ai Chi.
ChiRunning enables you to develop a personalized exercise program by blending running with the powerful mind-body principles of T’ai Chi:
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and reduce your potential for injury while running, and make knee pain and shin splints a thing of the past.
2. Engage your core. Shift the workload from your leg muscles to your core muscles, for efficiency and speed.
3. Add relaxation to your running. Learn to focus your mind and relax your body to increase speed and distance.
4. Make it a Mindful Practice. Maintain high performance and make running a mindful, enjoyable life-long practice.
5. It’s easy to learn. Transform your running with the ten-step ChiRunning training program.
Read an Excerpt
Not long ago, I was running past a grade school. It was a warm, late-spring day, and the kids were out on recess. They were busy playing tag and chasing balls and just doing what kids do best -- running around. I stopped to take a swig of water from my bottle, and as I watched the flurry of little legs, I was reminded once again why I love to watch kids run. Every one of them had perfect running form: a nice lean, a great stride opening up behind them, heels high in the air, relaxed arm swing and shoulders. They had it all! One of my biggest desires as a coach is to help adults learn to... see more