Discussion Group Questions
1. What do Cusumano and Yoffie mean by the term "Internet time?" Is Internet time, as they explain it, affecting competition in your industry?
2. What are some of the lessons learned from Competing On Internet Time about how to ramp up a new company or business quickly, especially using the technology of the Internet?
3. What do the authors mean by the term "Judo strategy?" When might this approach to competition be useful? How would you apply Judo techniques in your industry?
4. What are the key elements that characterized Netscape's approach to product design? How broadly applicable are these concepts?
5. What are the key elements that characterized Netscape's approach to product development? How broadly applicable are these concepts that the authors associate with the "synchronize-and-stabilize" process?
6. What should companies not do when competing in ultra-fast-paced markets?