Praise for the hardcover edition:
"Astonishing in its scope."—Craig Claiborne, The New York Times
The cuisine of the Middle East has always had its devotees, and eating at Lebanese, Syrian, Turkish or Greek restaurants has delighted many people in recent years. But relatively few have tackled these dishes in their own kitchens. Now, with The Complete Middle East Cookbook
, anyone can produce delectable meals from the exotic worlds of Homer, Omar Khayyam and the Arabian Nights. Author Tess Mallos provides carefully tested recipes set out in easy-to-follow steps, with many of the dishes illustrated in eighty superb color photographs.
Including regional dishes from Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan, Cyprus and Kuwait, to name a few, this is the definitive book for anyone interested in Middle Eastern cooking.
- Spanakopita (Spinach Pie)
- Koupepia (Stuffed Grape Vine Leaves)
- Patlicanli Pilav (Eggplant Pilaf)
- Samak Mashwi (Barbecued Fish With Dates)
- Kibbeh (Ground Lamb and Burghul)
- Nane Lavash (Wholemeal Flat Bread)
- Baklava (Almond and Cardamom Pastry