- reading group guide
- customer reviews
Despite starting a relationship with Patch, her guardian angel (whose title is the only angelic thing about him), and surviving an attempt on her life, things are not looking good for Nora Grey. Aside from fearing her boyfriend is interested in her nemesis, Nora is haunted by images of her father and becomes obsessed with understanding his disappearance. As Nora delves into the mystery of her father’s death, she begins to wonder whether her Nephilim blood line has something to do with it. And since Patch isn’t answering her questions, Nora has to start finding the answers on her own. Relying too heavily on the fact that she has a guardian angel puts Nora at risk again and again. But can she really count on Patch—or is he hiding secrets darker than she can even imagine?
The paperback will feature an exclusive first look at the next book in the Hush, Hush saga, on sale Fall 2012!
Added to Cart
Choose a format:
Buy from us:
- Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers |
- 432 pages |
- ISBN 9781442409620 |
- October 2010 |
- Grades 9 and up
Read an Excerpt
DELPHIC BEACH, MAINE PRESENT DAY
PATCH WAS STANDING BEHIND ME, HIS HANDS on my hips, his body relaxed. He stood two inches over six feet tall and had a lean, athletic build that even loose-fit jeans and a T-shirt couldn’t conceal. The color of his hair gave midnight a run for its money, with eyes to match. His smile was sexy and warned of trouble, but I’d made up my mind that not all trouble was bad.
Overhead, fireworks lit up the night sky, raining streams of color into the Atlantic. The crowd oohed and aahed. It was late June, and Maine was jumping into summer with both feet,...see more
Get our latest book recommendations, author news and sweepstakes right to your inbox
Reading Group Guide
By Becca Fitzpatrick
About the Book
Now that Nora has sacrificed her life for Patch—winning him his wings and the role of her guardian angel—she should be happy, right? To have the boy of her dreams always near, protecting her, should be a dream come true. But something is coming between Patch and Nora, driving them further and further apart. When her father’s ghost starts showing up and Nora learns that a mysterious person known as The Black Hand is responsible for his death, all signs point to Patch’s involvement. Can Nora find out who killed her dad without losing her own life? And is there a reason for her to go on living if Patch is responsible?
1. Why does Patch call Nora “Angel”? Why does Rixon use this phrase to toy with her as he tries to kill her?
2. What did Patch and Nora each give up for the other? Who holds more power in their relationship because of this sacrifice? What repercussions does their sacrifice have on their relationship moving forward?
3. Why does it bother Nora so much that Patch can’t feel anything for her on a physical level? Is this fair to Patch?
4. How much does Scott know about his background, his powers, and how Nora connects to all of it? Is he a bad person? What would you have done if you wer see more