Despite starting a relationship with Patch, her guardian angel (whose title is the only angelic thing about him), and surviving an attempt on her life, things are not looking good for Nora Grey. Aside from fearing her boyfriend is interested in her nemesis, Nora is haunted by images of her father and becomes obsessed with understanding his disappearance. As Nora delves into the mystery of her father’s death, she begins to wonder whether her Nephilim blood line has something to do with it. And since Patch isn’t answering her questions, Nora has to start finding the answers on her own. Relying too heavily on the fact that she has a guardian angel puts Nora at risk again and again. But can she really count on Patch—or is he hiding secrets darker than she can even imagine?
The paperback will feature an exclusive first look at the next book in the Hush, Hush saga, on sale Fall 2012!
- Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers |
- 464 pages |
- ISBN 9781416989448 |
- January 2012 |
- Grades 9 and up
Becca Fitzpatrick: Book That Changed My LIfe
Videos related to this book
Hear an Excerpt
Reading Group Guide
By Becca Fitzpatrick
About the Book
Now that Nora has sacrificed her life for Patch—winning him his wings and the role of her guardian angel—she should be happy, right? To have the boy of her dreams always near, protecting her, should be a dream come true. But something is coming between Patch and Nora, driving them further and further apart. When her father’s ghost starts showing up and Nora learns that a mysterious person known as The Black Hand is responsible for his death, all signs point to Patch’s involvement. Can Nora find out who killed her dad without losing her own life? And is there a reason for her to go on living if Patch is responsible?
1. Why does Patch call Nora “Angel”? Why does Rixon use this phrase to toy with her as he tries to kill her?
2. What did Patch and Nora each give up for the other? Who holds more power in their relationship because of this sacrifice? What repercussions does their sacrifice have on their relationship moving forward?
3. Why does it bother Nora so much that Patch can’t feel anything for her on a physical level? Is this fair to Patch?
4. How much does Scott know about his background, his powers, and how Nora connects to all of it? Is he a bad person? What would you see more
Behind the Book
Silence Behind the Book
Behind the Book:
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
If it weren't for my tenth-grade biology class, and my dedicated but oddball teacher, I probably never would have written Hush, Hush. And if it weren't for my birthday eight years ago, I might never have recalled a single incident from high-school biology. February 3, 2003. My twenty-fourth birthday. After a long debate between Japanese cooking lessons and an eight-week writing class, my husband decided to give me the writing class for