Brain Candy for expectant parents!
Pregnancy is an adventure.
Lots of books tell you the basics—“the baby is the size of [insert fruit here].” But pregnant science writer Jena Pincott began to wonder just how a baby might tinker with her body—and vice versa—and chased down answers to the questions she wouldn’t ask her doctor, such as:
• Does stress sharpen your baby’s mind—or dull it?
• Can you predict your baby’s temperament?
• Why are babies born in the darker months of the year more likely to grow up to be novelty-loving risk takers?
• Are bossy, dominant women more likely to have boys?
• How can the cells left behind by your baby affect you years later?
This is a different kind of pregnancy book—thoughtful, fun, and filled with information you won’t find anywhere else.