Do you know how to tie your shoe? Or do you just think you do but you’ve actually been screwing it up for decades like most people have?
This witty, light book takes a fresh spin on all the mistakes we make everyday that end up costing us big in our wallets, our health, our homes, and beyond. Topics covered are Yourself (appearance, skills, all things you), Your Home, Your Cooking, Your Money, Your Relationships & Family, and Your Health. This perfect combination of humor and wisdom entertains readers as they learn how to make their lives better by avoiding and remedying common screw-ups.
Things we all mess up:
- Using chopsticks as spears because you just can't figure them out (Yourself)
- Throwing Frisbees behind you, sucking at horseshoes, and other game/sporting fouls (Yourself)
- Living with streaky paint or air bubbles under the wallpaper you screwed up (Your Home)
- Killing all the houseplants you’ve ever bought (Your Home)
- Burning the edges and undercooking the middle (Your Cooking)
- Breaking the yolk every time you flip an egg (Your Cooking
- Your taxes. Argh. (Your Money)
- Overdrawing your account and paying a fee even though you have overdraft protection (Your Money)
- Cracking someone's ribs in the Heimlich maneuver (Your Health)
- Inability to make a Band-Aid stick or get a Band-Aid off without tearing out your hair (Your Health)
- Forgetting your loved ones birthdays year after year (Your Relationships & Family)
- Ruining Christmas with the untimely truth about Santa (Your Relationships & Family)
- Embarrassing yourself on a date because you don't understand the French menu or the 90-page wine list (Your Relationships & Family)
The ways in which we flub and flounder are infinite, and this book taps into that boundless fountain of foul ups in a way that will entertain and enlighten readers of all kinds.