A Reading Group Guide forE. Aster Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the
Earth's Core (part of the Guardians series)
by William JoyceDiscussion Questions
1. William the Absolute Youngest commented that he was afraid Pitch’s magic might be stronger than Ombric’s magic. He was reminded of what Ombric always said, “Magic’s real power is in the believing.” When one watches a magic show and understands how the “trick” is performed, does the “magic” disappear?
2. Who was in charge of the library when Ombric was away? What qualifications did this character possess to take care of the library?
3. While Ombric was away from his village, he was able to see and comfort the children and villagers. How did he communicate with the village? How did he comfort each individual child? What are ways we can communicate with and see others from great distances?
4. North sent a package to every child. Every package was special to that child. What was North able to do to make these presents perfect for each child?
5. What was in the big box? What was so special about this present?
6. Katherine had made a magical sketchbook which allowed the drawings and words she wrote to come alive on the page. Is this so magical? Do some stories just come to life in your mind as you read them? Can you visualize the action and setting if the descriptions are written well