Gentle Healing for Baby and Child
A Parent's Guide to Child-Friendly Herbs and Other Natural Remedies for Common Ailments and Injuries
When your children are sick or injured, you want them to feel better -- fast. Although in some cases there is no substitute for traditional medical care, prescription drugs are not always the best answer. Countless parents are discovering that natural, health-promoting substances can often be both safer and more effective. Now, a master herbalist with more than twenty-five years of experience who is also a mother of two shares her natural approach to wellness. Inside you'll find easy holistic therapies for common childhood injuries and ailments, and learn:
- how a banana can remove a splinter
- which herbs help reduce fever
- how an onion helps both bruises and earaches
- why garlic is nature's antibiotic
- how a spritz of rosemary hair juice prevents lice
- why peppermint tea relieves both headaches and stomachaches
- how gargling with lemon juice and table salt can ease a sore throat
- why ginger root can ease motion sickness
- and many other intelligent uses of foods and therapeutic plants -- nature's own medicine -- to alleviate discomforts.
Best of all, this invaluable reference stresses and approach that helps you teach you children the benefits of proventing illness -- not just treating it.
Read an Excerpt
Today, according to the esteemed Journal of the American Medical Association, a full 42% of Americans have used natural healing therapies. To me, this is extremely good news because this was not always the case!
Although it was nearly 20 years ago, I vividly recall the afternoon I nervously gave my first talk on herbs to the local PTA. Even though I was among friends in a progressive community, I had no idea how they would react to my unconventional presentation on the healing power of herbs for children.
This was long before the popularity of Dr. Andrew Weil, organic foods, and... see more