These discussion questions for Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros are intended to help your reading group find new and interesting angles and topics for your discussion. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book. TOPICS AND QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
1. When Mark and Abby first “meet” on Twitter, Mark isn’t entirely truthful about his identity. Do you think it’s common for people to wear “masks” when they first meet someone? To present themselves as the man or woman they believe the other person wants them to be?
2. What do you think about the statement Abby quotes to Mark during their first “date”?: “You’ll never have more in common than you do on your first date.”
3. Have you ever had immediate chemistry with someone you’ve met, either in a friendship or a romantic relationship? Do you believe it’s a physical response or an emotional one?
4. Do you believe in love at first sight? Or love at first tweet?
5. Abby shares her favorite book, Peter S. Beagle’s A Fine and Private Place, with Mark. Have you ever found common ground with a stranger by sharing your favorite book, movie, TV show, or piece of music? Is that a mating ritual or just a common way that strangers often bond?
6. If you were to tell someone your favorite book at this precise moment