HIV Drug Book Revised
- Drugs listed by brand or trade name, generic, popular, scientific and experiemental code name, for quick identification under any known name -- along with a full-color photo insert showing every drug listed
- Drugs grouped together by types of treatment: antiviral, anticancer, antifungal, experimental, immune-based therapy, psychoactive and more
- Treatment strategies for delaying or overcoming drug resistance, and achieving longterm success
- Side effects and drug interactions, possible reactions, and warnings
- An extensive glossary of HIV/AIDS related terms, clearly and concisely defined
- Unique indications for HIV treatment for children, women (with special cautions during pregnancy) and for the elderly
- Essential information on choosing a doctor, clinical trials, avoiding medical scams, nutritional strategies, assistance programs, buyers' clubs, hotline numbers including Project Inform's HIV/AIDS National Treatment Hotline (800-822-7422 or 415-558-9051), and much more.
The HIV Drug Book is written expressly for people with HIV/AIDS and their caregivers, friends and family members, and will be invaluable to physicians who must struggle with the overwhelming demands of this rapidly changing field.