A Reading Group Guide to Home for the Holidays
Book 5 in The Mother-Daughter Book Club series
by Heather Vogel Frederick Discussion Questions
1. This was the first book in the Mother-Daughter Book Club series to include chapters told from Becca’s perspective. Did these chapters change your opinion of her at all? Why or why not?
2. Do you think you will read the Betsy-Tacy series, now that you’ve read this book? Do you think you would find the characters in the Betsy-Tacy series as relatable as the girls in the Mother-Daughter Book Club did?
3. Do you usually spend the holidays with your family or friends? What is your favorite holiday memory?
4. In the Betsy-Tacy high school books, Betsy is torn between Joe Willard, who’s handsome and smart but kind of aloof, and Tony Markham, who’s handsome and funny but has a wild side. Who would you choose? Why?
5. Maud Hart Lovelace always knew she wanted to be a writer. Have you ever felt that way about a certain profession? Have you taken any steps toward your goal?
6. Betsy is based on Maud herself, and Tacy is based on her childhood best friend. Do you like reading novels that were based on real people? Would you like it if one of your friends wrote a book about you?
7. Do you have a friend whom you would consider your Tacy? If so, what makes you two so close?