1. Robert Pottle is a prolific “Giggle Poet” whose work has been published in six popular Meadowbrook Press poetry anthologies.
2. An ex-teacher, Pottle’s poetry describes the hilarious misadventures that occur every day in school.
3. Pottle is a rising star on the school circuit. He presents poetry workshops
in schools throughout New England and from coast to coast.
4. Pottle also visits bookstores when he’s on the road. (to be announced)
5. Feature for Poetry Month bookstore promotions.
6. Pottle is a brilliant new talent (like Kenn Nesbitt) who Lansky believes has star quality.
- National print media campaign targeting reviewers and children’s editors at top 100 dailies
- Regional and local media campaign to promote interviews with Robert Pottle
- Press release & book to top 20 children’s magazines
- Promotion to schools and libraries through education & library publications
- Local TV campaign for Robert Pottle based on his travel schedule in conjunction with school visits.
- Nationwide children’s radio program campaignOnline
Online publicity on the two top children’s poetry websites www.gigglepoetry.com and www.poetry4kids.comPromotion on parenting and lifestyle websites
- Promote local area school visits for the author
- Bookstore signings in cities where poet lives
- Book will be promoted at schools, conferences, events at which Robert Pottle is scheduled to speak during the year
This book contains 18 hilarious poems and songs about the funnier-than-fiction misadventures that occur every day at school, such as ripping pants on the playground, stapling shirts to shoelaces in art class, having embarrassing “accidents” at the kindergarten concert, and scoring unlikely game-winning soccer goals. Pottle has performed these poems in schools from coast to coast, so it’s no surprise they passed Meadowbrook Press’s poetry panel testing with flying colors. The four-color illustrations by Mike and Carl Gordon that accompany each poem/song are equally entertaining and giggle-packed!
Robert Pottle is one of the most prolific and popular “Giggle Poets” in North America. He is coauthor of Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Tot, and his poems are featured in five other Meadowbrook Press anthologies of humorous poetry. His 20 best poems and songs are now featured in his first solo poetry collection, I’m Allergic to School! It contains humorous depictions of everyday events only a former teacher could capture in print.
Moonbeam Book Awards2008SILVER AWARD: Children’s Poetry