Life As I Knew It
- I am sixteen years old.
- I live in Blodgett, Vermont. Population: 854.
- Most of my life's been pretty normal for a twenty-first-century American teen.
- I'm in love with my best friend who, um, recently came out.
- I sometimes get the sense that my mother wishes I hadn't been born.
- I maintain a low level of hostility with at least one of my classmates.
I could deal, though. Mainly because my dad was around, and he was my sun. Our sun, really: my mom's, my stepsister's, and mine. My dad kept us all in place, orbiting around him.
But then the sun, well...it went out. Click.
That was the end of Life As I Knew It -- and the beginning of something a lot different.
- Simon Pulse |
- 240 pages |
- ISBN 9781439121504 |
- May 2010 |
- Grades 7 and up