Making Out in Italian is a fun, accessible and thorough Italian phrase book and guide to the Italian language as it's really spoken.Mi piaci molto! Ti va se ci vediamo ancora?
—(I like you very much! Shall we see each other again?) Answer this correctly in Italian and you may be going on a hot date. Incorrectly, and you could be hurting someone's feelings or getting a slap!
Italian Language classes and textbooks tend to spend a lot of time rehearsing for the same fictitious scenarios but chances are while in Italy you will spend a lot more time trying to make new friends or start new romances—something you may not be prepared for.
If you are a student, businessman or tourist traveling to Italy and would like to have an authentic and meaningful experience, the key is being able to speak like a local. This friendly and easy-to-use Italian phrasebook makes this possible. Making Out in Italian
has been carefully designed to act as a guide to modern colloquial Italian for use in everyday informal interactions—giving access to the sort of catchy Italian expressions that aren't covered in traditional language materials. Each expression is given in Italian so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with. In addition, phonetic spellings of all words and phrases are included, making speaking Italian a breeze. For example, "Hi!"—ciao
is also written as chah-oh.
This Italian phrasebook includes:
- A guide to pronouncing Italian words correctly including double consonants and syllable stresses.
- Explanations of basic Italian grammar, such as, questions, word gender, and formal vs. informal.
- Complete Italian translations for all words and phrases including easy-to-use phonetic spellings.
- Useful and interesting notes on Italian language and culture.
- Lots of colorful, fun and useful