Making Out in Spanish is a fun, accessible and thorough Spanish phrase book and guide to the Spanish language as it's really spoken.Te adoro! Cuando puedo volver a verte?
—(I adore you! When can I see you next time?) Answer this correctly in Spanish and you may be going on a hot date. Incorrectly, and you could be hurting someone's feelings or getting a slap!
Spanish classes and textbooks tend to spend a lot of time rehearsing for the same fictitious scenarios but chances are while in a Spanish speaking country you will spend a lot more time trying to make new friends or start new romances—something you may not be prepared for.
If you are a student, businessman or tourist traveling to Latin America or Spain and would like to have an authentic and meaningful experience, the key is being able to speak like a local. This friendly and easy-to-use Spanish phrasebook makes this possible. Making Out in Spanish
has been carefully designed to act as a guide to modern colloquial Spanish for use in everyday informal interactions—giving access to the sort of catchy Spanish expressions that aren't covered in traditional language materials. As well as the Latin script, each expression is now given in phonetics, making pronunciation a breeze. (For example, Buana idea!
is also written as BWE-na ee-DE-a!
This Spanish phrasebook includes:
- Information about Latin American Spanish vs. Spain Spanish as well as regional dialects.
- A guide to pronouncing Spanish words correctly.
- Explanations of basic Spanish grammar, such as question forms, male vs. female, formal vs. informal and vowel stress.
- Complete Spanish translations including phonetic script.
- Useful and interesting notes on Spanish language and culture.
- Lots of colorful, fun and useful expressions not covered in other phrasebooks.
Titles in this unique series of bestselling phrase books include: Making Out in Chinese, Making Out in Indonesian, Making Out in Thai, Making Out in Korean, Making Out in Hindi, Making Out in Japanese, Making Out in Vietnamese, Making Out in Burmese, Making Out in Tagalog, Making Out in Hindi, Making Out in Arabic, Making Out in English, More Making Out in Korean, and More Making Out in Japanese