Making Out in Hindi is a fun, accessible and thorough Hindi phrase book and guide to the Hindi language as it's really spoken.Tumhari sundar ankhen hain. Phir se milen?
—(You have beautiful eyes. Shall we meet again?) Answer this correctly in Hindi and you may be going on a hot date. Incorrectly, and you could be hurting someone's feelings or getting a slap!
Hindi classes and textbooks tend to spend a lot of time rehearsing for the same fictitious scenarios but chances are while in India, Nepal, or anywhere else where Hindi is spoken, you will spend a lot more time trying to make new friends or start new romances—something you may not be prepared for.
If you are a student, businessman or tourist traveling to India and would like to have an authentic and meaningful experience, the key is being able to speak like a local. This friendly and easy-to-use Hindi phrasebook makes this possible. Making Out in Hindi
has been carefully designed to act as a guide to modern colloquial Hindi for use in everyday informal interactions—giving access to the sort of catchy Hindi expressions that aren't covered in traditional language materials. As well as the Romanized form of Hindi, each expression is given in authentic Hindi script (Devanagari
), so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This Hindi phrasebook includes:
- A guide to pronouncing Hindi words correctly, including vowels, consonants and nasalization.
- Explanations of basic Hindi grammar, such as, male vs. female, formal vs. informal, loan words and synonyms.
- Complete Hindi translations including Devanagari.
- Useful and interesting notes on the Hindi language and Indian culture.
- Lots of colorful, fun and useful expressions not covered in other phrasebooks.
Titles in this unique series of bestselling phra