Making Out in Japanese is a fun, accessible and thorough Japanese phrase book and guide to the Japanese language as it's really spoken.Sugoku suki! Mata aeru?
—(I'm crazy about you! Shall we meet again?) Answer this correctly in Japanese and you may be going on a hot date. Incorrectly, and you could be hurting someone's feelings or getting a slap!
Japanese classes and textbooks tend to spend a lot of time rehearsing for the same fictitious scenarios but chances are while in Japan you will spend a lot more time trying to make new friends or start new romances—something you may not be prepared for.
If you are a student, businessman or tourist traveling to Japan and would like to have an authentic and meaningful experience, the key is being able to speak like a local. This friendly and easy-to-use Japanese phrasebook makes this possible. Making Out in Japanese
has been updated and expanded to be even more helpful as a guide to modern colloquial Japanese for use in everyday informal interactions—giving access to the sort of catchy Japanese expressions that aren't covered in traditional language materials. As well as the Romanized forms (romanji
), each expression is now given in authentic Japanese script (kanji and kana
pronunciation clues), so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This Japanese phrasebook includes:
- A guide to pronouncing Japanese words correctly.
- Explanations of basic Japanese grammar, such as, intonation, word stress, and particles.
- A guide to male and female usage.
- Romanized forms of words and phrases (romanji).
- Complete Japanese translations including Japanese characters (kanji) and the Japanese alphabet (kana).
- Useful and interesting notes on Japanese language and culture.
- Lots of colorf