Making Out in Vietnamese is a fun, accessible and thorough Vietnamese phrase book and guide to the Vietnamese language as it's really spoken.Anh dien cuong vi em! Chung ta gap lai sau duoc khong?
—(IAEm crazy about you! Can we meet again?) Answer this correctly in Vietnamese and you may be going on a hot date. Incorrectly, and you could be hurting someone's feelings or getting a slap!
Vietnamese classes and textbooks tend to spend a lot of time rehearsing for the same fictitious scenarios but chances are while in Vietnam you will spend a lot more time trying to make new friends or start new romances—something you may not be prepared for.
If you are a student, businessman or tourist traveling to Vietnam and would like to have an authentic and meaningful experience, the key is being able to speak like a local. This friendly and easy-to-use Vietnamese phrasebook makes this possible. Making Out in Vietnamese
has been carefully designed to act as a guide to modern colloquial Vietnamese for use in everyday informal interactions—giving access to the sort of catchy Vietnamese expressions that aren't covered in traditional language materials. Each expression is written in Vietnamese next to the English, so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This Vietnamese phrasebook includes:
- A guide to pronouncing Vietnamese words correctly.
- Explanations of basic Vietnamese grammar, such as, personal pronouns and tones.
- A guide to male and female usage.
- Authentic Vietnamese script (Chu Nom) as well as simplified phonetic spellings for all phrases.
- Useful and interesting notes on Vietnamese language and culture.
- Lots of colorful, fun and useful expressions not covered in other phrasebooks.
Titles in this unique series of bestselling phrase books include: Mak