Reading Group Guide
Discussion Group Questions
1. How does a market orientation help a firm gain a competitive advantage and enhance financial performance?
2. What is the difference between being market-driven and customer compelled?
3. How do organizations learn about their markets and act on the knowledge? How important is a superior ability to anticipate the requirements of customers and the reactions of competitors in the markets your company serves?
4. Why has the maintenance of close relationships with customers emerged as top priority for many firms? Why would your customers want to enter into a relationship?
5. What impact will the internet have on the ability of your firms to sustain close relationships with your most valuable customers?
6. Many firms are adopting hybrid organizational designs. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of structure? Would it work for your firm?
7. Use the diagnostic questions at the back of this book to assess the market orientation of your firm. Would your co-workers and superiors agree with you? What are the obstacles to becoming more market-oriented?