Life is full of adversities. There comes a time when education, social status, fame, fortune, and even family ties all become useless. At a decisive moment like this, the ability to focus one's entire being—to harness one's total spiritual and mental energy—is required for survival and success. In this book, Master Kazumi Tabata shares his knowledge in how to achieve this goal.
When beginning any martial arts discipline, students study physical techniques. Only after much time and intense practice do these techniques become second nature. Yet there is a higher level where you feel at one with yourself, your opponent, and with the world around you . Your opponent moves in slow motion, whereas you move without thought, and you become unbeatable.
In Mind Power: Secret Strategies for the Martial Arts
, Kazumi Tabata, Grandmaster in the Shotokan and Shorinji styles of Karate, offers his personal teachings as to how martial arts students can reach the point where time seems to slow down, quick movements are seen in slow motion, and the full potential of one's inner power can be harnessed.
- Strategy—basic physical and mental approaches to combat
- Basic Laws of the Mind and Body—How to harness and maximize the power of one's mind and body
- Strategy of a Virtuous Man—How, with honorable approaches, to approach and win confrontations
- How to Interpret Your Mind—Insights into our mind's workings
- Words and Deeds of a Virtuous Man—Approaches and actions of a man seeking higher ground
- Strategy of the Mind—Best application of our cognitive instincts
- The Law of Anger and the Law of Snapping—How anger manifests and how to work with it
- How to Interpret Wavelengths—Insight into understanding others
- Strategy of Mu—How to build upon a very Oriental approach; the concept of emptiness
- The Pinnacle of Spiritual Attainment—Translations and interpretations of ancient writings
- The Heart of Sutra—Translations and interpretations of ancient writings