A Reading Group Guide to Much Ado About Anne
Book 2 in the The Mother-Daughter Book Club series
by Heather Vogel Frederick Discussion Questions
1. Which of the girls changed the most from the first book, The Mother-Daughter Book Club
, and how?
2. Have you ever read Anne of Green Gables
by L. M. Montgomery? If so, did you enjoy it? What did you like about it? If you haven’t read it, does Much Ado About Anne
make you want to read it?
3. Do you have a place that you love like Half Moon Farm or Green Gables? Have you ever thought about naming a special place like Anne, and then Emma and Jess, did?
4. Think of any extracurricular activities that you may be involved in at school, such as the school newspaper or sports. Are your fellow students competitive with one another? If so, why do you think that is?
5. Do you prefer to work as part of a team, like Cassidy and her hockey team? Or would you rather be by yourself, like Emma when she takes skating lessons? Explain.
6. Do you think Becca Chadwick has changed from the first book? In what ways is she different? How is she the same?
7. Did the mothers do the right thing by inviting Becca and her mother to join the book club, even though Becca has been intentionally mean to some of the members in the past?
8. How do you think Megan felt when being