Much Ado About Anne
This year the mothers have a big surprise in store for Emma, Jess, Cassidy, and Megan: They've invited snooty Becca Chadwick and her mother to join the book club!
But there are bigger problems when Jess finds out that her family may have to give up Half Moon Farm. In a year filled with skating parties, a disastrous mother-daughter camping trip, and a high-stakes fashion show, the girls realize that it's only through working together -- Becca included -- that they can save Half Moon Farm.
Acclaimed author Heather Vogel Frederick captures the magic of friendship and the scrapes along the way in this sequel to The Mother-Daughter Book Club, which will enchant daughters and mothers alike.
- Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers |
- 352 pages |
- ISBN 9781416996835 |
- August 2009 |
- Grades 4 - 7 |
- Lexile 800
Reading Group Guide
Much Ado About Anne
Book 2 in the The Mother-Daughter Book Club series
by Heather Vogel Frederick
1. Which of the girls changed the most from the first book, The Mother-Daughter Book Club, and how?
2. Have you ever read Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery? If so, did you enjoy it? What did you like about it? If you haven’t read it, does Much Ado About Anne make you want to read it?
3. Do you have a place that you love like Half Moon Farm or Green Gables? Have you ever thought about naming a special place like Anne, and then Emma and Jess, did?
4. Think of any extracurricular activities that you may be involved in at school, such as the school newspaper or sports. Are your fellow students competitive with one another? If so, why do you think that is?
5. Do you prefer to work as part of a team, like Cassidy and her hockey team? Or would you rather be by yourself, like Emma when she takes skating lessons? Explain.
6. Do you think Becca Chadwick has changed from the first book? In what ways is she different? How is she the same?
7. Did the mothers do the right thing by inviting Becca and her mother to join the book club, even though Becca has been intentionally mean to some of the members in the past?
8. How do you think Megan felt when being see more