Everything You Need to Know to Treat Your Child's Ear Infection
Every parent who has heard the plaintive cry "My ear hurts!" knows that ear infections are among the most troubling childhood ailments. In fact, by the time they turn three years old, 75 percent of children have had at least one ear infection, and nearly 50 percent of these children have suffered more than three ear infections. My Ear Hurts!
offers clear explanations of the causes of ear infections and up-to-the-minute discussions of
- traditional medications, including the overuse of antibiotics
- surgical treatments, from insertion of ear tubes to new laser techniques
- alternative treatment options, such as herbal and homeopathic remedies and chiropractic treatment
Also included are
- tips on how to spot common allergies or irritants that couse or exacerbate infections
- advice on how to talk to your child about the infection and its treatment
- guidelines on what to do when your child is under somenone else's supervision
- recommendations for when surgery is -- and is not -- necessary and how to communicate with your child's doctor
With information that is both accessible and authoritative, My Ear Hurts!
provides much-needed help and proven solutions to concerned parents and caregivers.