"There is no such individual as a born golfer. Some have more natural ability than others, but they’ve all been made."—Ben Hogan
Considered one of the greatest golfers in the history of the game, Ben Hogan is still noted for the phenomenal power of his swing and his unbeatable ability as a ball striker. He is also known for his dedication to practice and his belief that any golfer can, with training, determination, and a little guidance, improve his or her game significantly. With the help of his classic book, Power Golf, you too can achieve a higher level of play than you ever thought possible.
Profusely illustrated with detailed line drawings, Power Golf walks you through every step of the skills that Ben Hogan painstakingly acquired over his years as a champion player. Here, you will find:· How to master the celebrated Hogan grip that made his swing so powerful
· Why a balanced stance is important, and how to achieve it
· The details of a winning backswing and downswing
· How to achieve greater distance from your wood shots
· Why iron shots are so important and how to accomplish greater accuracy
· Minimizing your number of putts
· How to conquer bunker, uphill, and downhill shots
· Playing in rain and wind
· And featuring Ben Hogan’s "Eight Hints on How to Lower Your Score"
No matter how experienced a golfer you are—whether a beginner or more advanced—Power Golf will help you play through to your best game ever.
WITH OVER 120 SELF-TEACHING ILLUSTRATIONS!