How does anthrax spread?
Should I avoid opening my mail?
Wasn't I vaccinated for smallpox years ago?
What exactly is encephalitis?
Is my workplace a target for bioterrorism?
What precautions can I take to stay healthy and safe? PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST BIOTERRORISM
From fears of full-scale germ warfare to the spread of dangerous and deadly illnesses, we are faced with a new breed of anxiety -- and more questions than ever -- about our safety and well-being in the face of bioterrorism. Dr. Philip M. Tierno, a member of the New York City Mayor's Task Force on Bioterrorism, addresses our fears with the most powerful antidote: information.
Dr. Tierno explains:
- how germs can be used as potential weapons -- and how they can't
- how to distinguish the symptoms of a deadly disease from a run-of-the-mill bug
- how these diseases are treated
- how to assess the level of risk we face in our daily lives
- how to sort fact from myth in the face of frightening new developments
- what you can do to safeguard your family's health