Winner of the Gold trophy for Best Food Book and Grand Prix award at the Gourmet Voice Food Media awards in Cannes, France
, Greg Malouf returns to the land of his ancestors to explore its broad and influential cuisine. Stretching from neighboring Iran throughout the Mediterranean to North Africa, the roots of Greg's culinary history are here in the land of his forbears, and together with writing partner Lucy Malouf, he embarks on a month-long culinary journey.
The cuisine in Saha
is traditional and inspirational, enticingly spiced and fragrant with flower waters. From hearty peasant dishes to more subtly spiced specialties from ancient palaces, the dishes are complex in flavor yet not too complicated to make at home. Heartwarming stories and recipes from the people Greg and Lucy meet on their journey are teamed with evocative images and Greg's own unique take on history. The rich and exciting cuisine from Lebanon and Syria captures the spirit of the modern and the ancient, the characters, dishes, flavors and colors beautifully portrayed in this highly illustrated and lavishly designed volume.
- Spinach, Lentil and Lemon Soup, Bedouin-style
- Aleppo-style Sausage Rolls
- Upside-down Poached Chicken and Eggplant Pilaf
- Arabic Fish Stew with Lemon and Saffron and Hot Pepper Rouille
- Double-cooked Duck with Cinnamon, Honey, Cardamom and Mastic
- Lamb Shawarma
- Sambousek Pastries with Cheese and Leek
- Lebanese Doughnuts with Lemon Syrup
- Raspberry Turkish Delight Truffles
- Turkish Coffee