This book is a quick and easy way to learn the second 100 basic Chinese characters.
All beginning Chinese language students struggle to memorize and learn to write Chinese characters. The Second 100 Chinese Characters
adopts a structural approach which helps students to quickly master the basic characters that are fundamental to this language. Intended for use after The First 100 Characters
, this book presents characters that have been carefully selected for rapid and effective learning.
The English meanings, pronunciations in Hanyu Pinyin and alternate forms (if any) for each Chinese character are presented along with a stroke order guide and spaces for writing practice. Printed with gray guidelines, the stroke order guides are designed to be traced over to teach students the standard sequence of strokes used to write the character. Related compounds and phrases are given to assist in vocabulary building. Three indexes at the back allow the characters to be looked–up by their English meanings, hanyu pinyin
pronunciations, or radicals. Extra practice sheets of blank boxes are also provided for practice.
This book contains:
- The second 100 most common Chinese characters.
- Standard hanyu pinyin romanizations for each character
- Compounds and phrases for vocabulary building.
- Step–by–step stroke order diagrams show you how to write each character.
- Special boxes with grid lines help you practice writing them correctly.
- Compounds and sample sentences provide easy vocabulary building.