A handy Japanese phrasebook and guide to the Japanese language, Survival Japanese contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around.
This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Japanese in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Japanese or travelling to Japan, it also contains a beginner guide to the Japanese language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Japanese than a typical Japanese phrasebook or Japanese dictionary. The book is broken into two basic sections: Common Japanese Expressions and Key Words, and Japanese Pronunciation Guides for Key Japanese Names and Signs. All Japanese words and phrases are written in Romanized form as well phonetically, making pronouncing Japanese a breeze. For example, the word for hotel
is also written as hoe-tay-rue
. Authentic Japanese script (Kanji and Kana
) is also included so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with.
This phrasebook includes:
- Hundreds of useful Japanese words and expressions.
- Romanized forms, phonetic spellings, and Japanese script (Kanji and Kana) for all words and phrases.
- A concise background and history of the Japanese language.
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including long vowels, double consonants, and accents.
- A guide to Japanese grammar including word order, questions, singular vs. plural, and formal, vs. informal.
Not everyone has time to attend regular Japanese classes. A busy schedule, however, does not mean you cannot learn Japanese. With this fun and easy Japanese phrase book you will soon be speaking Japanese without fear or fuss! Titles in this bestselling phrase book series include: Survival Japanese, Survival Arabic, Survival Chinese, Survival Tagalog, Survival Hindi, and Survival Korean