Strengthen Your Body, Improve Your Balance and Rejuvenate Your Spirit
The ancient Chinese health system of tai chi is now practiced throughout the world more regularly than any other form of exercise. It promises all the benefits of a strong body, and it is also noted for calming the mind and improving balance -- an especially important issue for older people. Now, in Tai Chi for Staying Young,
world-renowned Master Lam Kam-Chuen provides a gentle, step-by-step program suitable for people of all ages and at all stages of fitness.
Centuries of practice have perfected this method of soothing the mind and alleviating stress. These exercises can be performed anytime, anywhere, and they require no special clothing, shoes or equipment. You can do them alone or with others, at home or even outside. Tai chi is not competitive, and you can work at your own pace as the slow, steady movements smooth the breathing and increase the intake of oxygen into the lungs. This carefully designed program greatly enhances circulation -- without leaving you gasping for breath.
In Tai Chi for Staying Young,
you can expect:
- Gentle exercises that fit easily into your day
- Slow movements, accompanied by natural breathing, that relax the whole body and promote physical as well as mental health
- A combination of stillness and movement designed to release muscle tension, enhance circulation and bring greater elasticity and strength to all major joints
- A program that is safe and beneficial for those with blood pressure and cardiac problems
- Improved balance that reduces the risk of falls