If you work with clients in any industry, The Art of Client Service
is for you. If you work in an advertising or marketing agency, then this book is indispensable.
Distilling decades of experience, advertising executive Robert Solomon has compiled the definitive resource for advertising and marketing account executives: a fast-reading, pocket-size, actionable checklist of 58 essential ideas to help client service professionals improve their account management strategy and skills.
Now fully updated and revised, The Art of Client Service
is geared to the entire account team -- copy writers, art directors, and planners, researchers, media executives, support staff -- anyone who works with clients. With brevity, levity, and clarity, Solomon recounts both successes and failures, and uses them to formulate fast-reading, actionable tips, including:
- Know when to look it up; know when to make it up. (#7)
- What happens when I screw up? (#51)
- Respect what it takes to do great creative. (#19)
- In a high-tech world, be low-tech (#46)
- Be brief, be bright, be gone. (#31)
- How to write a letter of proposal (#44)
- The Zen of PowerPoint. (#45)
You'll also find new chapters on technology in advertising, the changing role of client service in an increasingly high-tech era, and an updated bibliography of essential reading.