The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu
is the ultimate guide to Kung Fu, from theory to practical application.
This unique book, by a celebrated Grandmaster, is a complete and comprehensive introduction to Kung Fu and all other aspects of ancient Shaolin wisdom. It will prove invaluable to everyone interested in martial arts, chi kung, and meditation, showing how Kung Fu and other Shaolin arts can bring you health, vitality, mental focus, and spiritual joy.
- What is Kung Fu?—Four Aspects of Kung Fu; The Importance of Force Training; Application for Combat and Daily Living; Kung Fu Philosophy for Deeper Understanding; The Benefits of Kung Fu
- The Historical Development of Chinese Martial Arts—Kung Fu in Prehistoric and Ancient Times; The Glorious Han and Tang; The Modern Period
- From Shaolin to Taijiquan—Shaolin Kung Fu; The Various Styles of Taijiquan; Soft and Hard, Internal and External
- A Comparative Study of Kung Fu—Contrasting Shaolin and Wudang Kung Fu; Xingyi Kung Fu and Taoist Concepts; Tanglangquan or Praying Mantis Kung Fu; The Spread of Southern Kung Fu
- Defining Aims and Objectives—Setting Aims for Kung Fu Training; Personal Objectives; Course Objectives
- The Foundation of Shaolin Kung Fu—Inheritance from Past Masters; Various Shaolin Hand Forms; Basic Shaolin Patterns
- From Form to Combat Application—The Four Directions of Attack; The Principles of Effective Combat; Specific Techniques Against Kicks
- Combat Sequences and Set Practice—Relieving Injuries Sustained in Sparring; Composing Your Own Kung Fu Sets
- Shaolin Five Animals—Understanding Characteristics and Essence; The Five-Animal Set; The Names of the Five-Animal Patterns
- Five-Animal Combination Set—How to Improve Combat Efficiency; Spacing and Timing in Combat