The Covenant of the Torch
made with Abraham is the most significant among all the covenants in the Bible. Why? It's the most detailed yet condensed summary of God's divine administration for redemption that outlines the work of restoration of His godly people and holy land.
In this book, Rev. Abraham Park brings to life the Covenant of the Torch, and helps us to understand—accurately, and in chronological detail—692 years of redemptive history starting from Abraham, including the great exodus, the wilderness journey and the conquest of Canaan.
Just as his best-seller The Genesis Genealogies
has helped readers to better understand the time frames and relationships in the Book of Genesis
, Rev. Park now helps us to carefully study the books of Exodus up to Joshua, and to realize what those events and participants tell us regarding God's larger plan. This book offers:
- A detailed chronology of 692 years from Abraham to the Israelites' conquest of Canaan.
- The first ever map of all 42 camp sites in the wilderness.
- Color photos of the locations in the wilderness journey.
- A theologically sound method of viewing God's Word through the perspective of God's administration in the history of redemption.
- Wisdom and insight on how to overcome the spiritual "wilderness" in our lives of faith today.
Despite periods of spiritual darkness, unbelief, complaining and grumbling by the people of God as they wandered in the desert, we see God's faithfulness in fulfilling His Word and the Covenant of the Torch. And by understanding the chronological flow of the biblical events in a systematic manner, we gain a much broader and deeper grasp of God's plan of salvation.