The Kanji Dictionary
This is the only kanji dictionary of its kind to employ a revolutionary multiple–reference compound system. Every kanji compound, a word or phrase made up of two or more characters, is listed under each of its components characters. This unique, time–saving feature makes finding compounds fast and easy. Entries are arranged according to a radical based reference system, similar to that used in most other dictionaries, but is has been simplified to make it easier to learn and use. Also, the comprehensive on/kun readings index and handy radical "overview lists" provide further means to find an entry. The focus of this reference work is kanji compounds, and the more than 47,000 entries in the main text include the most common and most important terms and expressions currently in use. The addition of newly coined terms, particularly those in new technical fields, is another key feature.
- Features over 47,000 entries with an emphasis on current expressions.
- Arranged for search from any kanji in a compound.
- Contains a complete on/kun (Chinese/Japanese) reading index.
- Includes and easy–to–use radical guide.
- Provides appendices of counters, historical periods, common Japanese surnames, etc.