A Companion for the Uncouched
Based on a highly regarded article in Psychology Today
that has been reprinted worldwide, Think Like a Shrink
is a personality primer that refines years of psychiatric training into 100 principles. Here you will quickly learn to understand what motivates your boss, your spouse, your parents -- and yourself. Incorporating the most basic fundamentals that drive the human personality, these principles are short, clear, and simple, but not simplistic. They include enlightening observations and real eye-openers, such as:
- Some people never forgive a favor.
- In any marriage, there can only be one number one.
- Too much love may mean hate; too much hate may mean love.
- Successful neuroses help people fail.
- Electra and Oedipus keep psychiatrists in business.