Turning the Tide
Real Hope, Real Change
· Is headed for financial bankruptcy
· Views a sinless, peace-loving, benevolent Jesus as one to be vilified
· Is becoming more and more taxed, so that the government builds programs that benefit only those in leadership positions
· Is negligent in the handling of Israel, as well as unaware of the danger to any nation that challenges Israel’s God-mandated right to exist
· Has little regard for the innocent, especially the rights of the unborn, the elderly, and the handicapped
This call to action has never been more needed, and in this inspirational and motivating book, bestselling author Charles Stanley offers practical steps Christians can take to turn the tide. He challenges readers to pray that God will change the direction of our country from one that is blind to the negative impact of socialism to a nation that looks to God for guidance. It’s time, Stanley says, that we take responsibility for the direction of our country and become involved both at a civic level and through fervent prayer.
TURNING THE TIDE by Dr. Charles Stanley
Videos related to this book
Read an Excerpt
THE RISING TIDE
The Danger in Failing to Recognize the Storms
Over the years, I have been privileged to see and walk along some of the most magnificent beaches in the world. Not long ago, I was at a Hawaiian seashore known for its tremendous waves—ones worthy of surfing excursions—and I was acutely aware of the rise and fall of the tides.
On several occasions in the past, this particular coastline has had waves that rose more than twenty feet high. A man at the hotel called those times “an extreme surfer’s paradise.”
While... see more