Tuttle Learner's Korean-English Dictionary
Finally, here is the dictionary that learners have been waiting for: one that specifically answers the needs of English speakers who are studying Korean. Designed for learners who are a elementary to intermediate level, it contains over 5,600 Korean headwords, including the most essential contemporary words, commonly used example phrases, and business and technical terms. Along with refreshingly clear English definitions, the entries are packed with helpful extra details that make learning easier. Included are:
- 5,633 example sentences given in Hangul, romanizations, and English.
- English–Korean Word Finder allows two–directional use.
- Explanations of common idiomatic expressions.
- Special notes to clarify differences and distinctions that can be challenging for English speakers.
- Romanization is included for all terms and examples, to assist learners.
- Extensive notes on grammar and meaning enhance understanding.
- Especially high–frequency words are marked.
- Endings and particles—very important components of the Korean language, but often overlooked in reference materials—are clearly indicated and explained.