This reading group guide for The Yoga Club includes discussion questions and ideas for enhancing your book club. The suggested questions are intended to help your reading group find new and interesting angles and topics for your discussion. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book.
Topics & Questions for Discussion
1. Coco, CJ, Bailey and Olivia are an unlikely group—do you think if they hadn’t witnessed the mayor’s crime together, they would ever have become friends? Why or why not?
2. Where did you meet your best friend(s)? What do you feel is the most important element of close friendship?
3. When the four friends witness the mayor’s suspicious behavior, their instinct is to turn around and forget it ever happened. Have you ever been in a situation where you saw something you wish you hadn’t? What did you do?
4. Do you have a favorite character in the book? Who is it, and why is he/she your favorite?
5. The Yoga Club
is a comic novel, and might be described as a caper. Generally, this means that certain plot elements may be exaggerated or extreme. Do you think that was the case here? Did you find the story believable? What about the characters? Did that effect your enjoyment of the novel?
6. All of our main characters are shown in various romantic—and sexual—relationships throughout the